Work At Home Survival

The last post brought up the issue of family respect for the work at home professional. I've talked about this before, but Merryone brought up a good point.
She reads articles for WHAMs that have helped her.

This is something I have neglected. WHAM, is a community. There is no university to teach us how to survive and thrive. We must teach other, and learn through trial and error.

A blogging community like writingup can help us meet people who can teach us. I have learned, and I have taught, over my 11 months at writingup.
I am still learning.

The most important thing I've learned is not to neglect my physical or emotional state for the sake of a deadline.

Sometimes, it is better to go to bed for a couple of days and rest, even if it means missing a deadline. A couple days rest can make the difference between health and spending weeks suffering from symptoms.

This was the hardest lesson for me to learn. I always saw resting, waiting, or just needing a break as procrastination or wasting time.

Now, I consider my health as an asset to the business.


My 'teaching blog' for people who want a 'real' freelance writing career.

Novel Writer Magazine

No comments: