Going to Extremes: How Far Would You Go

I never dreamed I would be sitting where I am now. I am not talking about success or accomplishment. I am stuck in bed, working on my laptop, trying to keep from falling behind in my work.

After I lost 10 days work since Christmas, I decided to dock my laptop, download my work, and move the office to my bedroom.

So, here I am, working hard to catch up.

It surprises me how far people will stretch their limits when needed. People wanted to work more, so they demanded laptops and cell phones, wireless and FTP upload, Blackberries and Internet conferencing.

What would we do without all our gadgets?

What would we do if we were not 'indulged' so that we could cram more work hours into our day - or work while sick?

I know people who save for years to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime, and then take their laptop on the trip.

The longest anyone of my friends have worked was 72 hours without sleep. I can only manage 42 hours straight.

My cousin spent 16 years in university preparing for a specific career.
I stretched a 100' internet cord through my house, and moved the laptop into my room, so that I could meet my deadline and work when I didn't feel so bad.
What is the most extreme thing you've heard or done?




----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: