Promotion Promotion Promotion = Money

I had a conversation with another write a week ago. She has been struggling for more than a year to build up a business - and failing.

There is a common thread shared by writers who do not make good money:
1. Their website is very poorly made
2. They hire an amateur to make a website for them
3. They do not update their website regularly
4. They do not maintain multiple blogs
5. They do not 'act' like they are professionals and worth a lot of money.

I keep telling writers that the 'real' clients do not use www.guru.com or www.ifreelance.com - they ferret out good writers through blog communities, forums, and free content article sites like get free content and ezinearticle, amazines, etc.
A professional writer will have a lot of article posted for promotion. That is because professionals write hundreds of articles a year. Not having promotion through a blog, or free article site, is a dead give away that you are not 'in it for the long haul.'

Your website also talks a lot about you. Think about it. I have one client who pays me $50 to write a 15 000 word article, weekly. He wants articles on home based businesses. I won the contract because I operate professional looking websites.

I NEVER landed a high paying client until I started using b2evolution blog site and Joomla content management system. These are both 'plug and play' web management sites with dramatic themes ( take a look at Writers Online Courses
Of course, the fact that my name appears all over the top 10 Google pages is another dead give away that I know what I am doing.

The thing is - it isn't hard. All you need to do is get out there, get your content on the web and promote - promote - promote.

In the long run, you'll make enough money that you can write and promote comfortably.






My 'teaching blog' for people who want a 'real' freelance writing career.

Novel Writer Magazine

No comments: