Proof That Google is Optimizing for Web2.0

I left my other post and then sat here believing I did my fan's a disservice. Who am I to believe that you will follow my advice just because I say so?

Here is a link:
http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

This is a PR, page rank, checking tool. For the most part, it is only good to help you figure out how much money Google will pay you for each click - if they pay at all
However, it will also show you what I mean. Go to a web page with a moderate number of inbound links (if you don't have one, then use www.inspiredauthor.com). This page has about 1000 - 1500 inbound links and has an 80% retention rate... IE, 80% of the visitors click to another page in the site instead of a Google link.

Now, click on any page, one with great content, one with lots of keywords, one that is optimized - doesn't matter - but make sure that there are no inbound links...ie, that page is not a part of the social network.

If you want to learn more about Google's inbound link ranking then follow this link. According to this tool, Google is counting 1220 links to my site. IA has a PR4 rank. But according to my web analytics software, they count less than 200.

On the other hand, there are more than 500 links to this blog, and Google doesn't count a single one - but this blog is still ranked PR3.

Part of this is because the inbound links are from similar content sites, but are not 'executive' content.

Does this make sense?

Why care? If you are making money from your blog, the higher your PR, the more (allegedly) Google will pay you. If you are building a network (online image/Branding) then it will help you see if other people are starting to link to your site.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/who-links-to-your-site.html

----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career>

No comments: