Make Money Online

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks looking over different methods of earning money from my blogs. I took a look around another few blog sites. Pro blogger has a few of the same programs I am involved in, and a few I do not subscribe to: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/11/15/how-i-make-money-blogging/

AdSense Google

I cannot rely on Google. Some times I make good money, then they change the rules and my income drops. Their sliding scale is hard to figure out. I’ve read the rules, met the requirements and received as much as 30% CPC. Then, without any word from the net that Google changed the rules, I am back down to 2%. And, I can make several different percentages at the same time.

I make most from Google when I buy targeted traffic.

Adbrite.com
Adbrite.com doesn’t have a sliding scale. I know what I make. It also has the advantage of letting me pick and chose the ads I want to appear on my blog. I don’t use their video or full page ads, just their PPP.

Commission Junction

Worth the mention, but I don’t do well. I find that people are more likely to click a text ad than an image. However, I do find they have social benefit. The blogs that have pictures on them have more click through and RSS subscriptions. The images increase the blog’s credentials.

Amazon Associates

I don’t do well here, but I don’t invest a lot of time optimizing for it. Problogger.com claims that he does well.

Affiliate Programs


I don’t make much from affiliates, but I do make some money.

Paid Posts

I write paid posts – with a twist. I am not locked into a campaign. I only submit my sites to PPP programs that let me choose my sponsors, and which ads to write. In many cases, I can pick an article out of my ‘files’ and post it with the sponsor.
What I don’t do is write ads. If a PPP asks for blatant advertising, I won’t write about it unless it is a service I approve of and would pass on to my subscribers and readers – free. This could be because I come from a magazine background where I am use to having 75% advertising mixed within 20% content, with 5% dead space.

My Books

I make a lot of money selling my own books in either download form and from Amazon.com. These books are in mobi, Kindel, Palm, Adobe, MSReader, and print formats.





----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: