Warning: Do Not Use ‘Full Disclosure Badge’

This is only my warning, based on my experience, but the sites I did put a disclosure badge on have dropped from PR3 and PR4 to PR0 and have never climbed back up.

This includes PayPerPost and non PPP blogs. I don’t find the tracking image bother’s Google at all. I’ve found that blogs with site wide PPP tools and ‘blog ethics’ tags that alerted Google.

I did find that putting the small tag ‘Proud PPP Blog’ did not appear to effect Google’s page rank.

I have put the IZEA tag onto a couple of my blogs to see what happens. No one has figured out whether Google will be happy to have competition in the page ranking field.

The thing is, the full disclosure badge means nothing. I have several blogs, and I do not write any post I don’t want to. If the sponsor doesn’t inspire me to write a post, then I don’t. The disclosure blog is the result of amateur writers stopping the flow of their blog to write an ad.

Honestly, I am guilty. I remember the days when we would write posts and end with an ad, or write ‘horridly’ slanted articles. Blog ads were new, and no one knew the rules. Today, I am sure there are people who cannot write around their blog.
I will use the tag SPONSORED or put the word REVIEW in my tags or title to let my readers know the site is affiliate or paid post slanted. It is fairly easy if you know how to do it.




----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: