Grandfather Clocks

Do you have any heirlooms to pass to your children? I remember the grandfather clock my grandmother had in her dining room. We were never allowed to touch it, but as children we stood and watched her wind it. The workings kept us mesmerized. I'd love to have a grandfather clock similar to the one my grandmother had.

I just ran across this Grandfather Clocks Blog. It just reminded me how many niches there are in the blog world. I was amazed at how affordable grandfather clocks have become - a fact I wouldn't have known if I didn't read the blog.

I don't know any other piece of furniture that holds its value as much as a grandfather clock. My grandmother's was worth more when she died then when she purchased it. Unfortunately, I did not receive the clock, but the cousin who now owns it has it insured for more than $15 000.00. I think that one reason her clock increased in value was because it didn't endure wear and tear like other parts of the home decor does.

No comments: