Review: Godaddy

In the last ten years, I have hosted my multiple blogs, major web sites, and ecommerce sites on various websites. I’ve never used Godaddy, because it is more expensive, but only because I can handle a lot of my own trouble shooting.

However, for domain names – Godaddy cannot be beat. Their prices are reasonable, the services is unparalleled on the web, and the site is easy to navigate and use. Anyone can manage their own domains at Godaddy, even if they are new.

But, this is not why I recommend this service to everyone. I’ve hosted my domains with others. The one that promised the cheapest price was cheap, then at the renewal they wanted $40.00 a year. This is not uncommon. I am still paying the same price for my domains at Godaddy that I did 3 years ago. In fact, I can still buy domains for $1.99, and if a sale comes up, I can renew them for that price.

I hosted my domains with 2 or 3 sites that ‘stole’ them. When I left the site, or did not want to pay the price, they kept the domain. In fact, if I have a free domain now, I just park it. I never use it in a link campaign. At least, not until I move it to godaddy.

I learned the hard way. I had a good domain name, it attracted a lot of traffic. However, when the hosting service started complaining because I was using too much CPU burden, and I moved, they kept the domain name. They would not reply to my emails.

Then- there was the company that went under ‘overnight’ and I lost everything.
It takes a long time to build an ecommerce business. I own blogs that earn several hundred of dollars a month. If I were to lose those domain names then I lose 3 years of Internet Marketing






----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: