Advice: How to Get Free Traffic

We chat away at communati without realizing that there are some big blogs at communati. I've run across a couple with PR4. It brings me back to the common question

"Why don't people leave comments on blogs?"

This is one of the most self-serving aspects of Internet Marketing. But, there is a trick to getting your comments approved.

Have a Good Reputation

Many of the big bloggers love comments. They will publish anything that is witty and clever. Especially the big websites. I post comments on many PR8 and higher blogs, using various 'links' or website URLs to my blogs. This is why some of my fairly new blogs have PR4 and higher.

But, I must have a good reputation. Gracepub has an excellent reputation and many sites, including Reuters and the New York Times, are pleased to have my comments on their sites.

I recently put 10 comments on one PR 8 blog and saw my PR increase 1.5 within a month. Now, there is a trick to this. You can't go in one day and put all the links on the pages. The links must be on the high PR page when Googe's robots come looking.

How to Pick Blogs to Leave Comments On

So, how do I pick the blogs that I want to promote on? I go to Digg's home page and look for blogs on the top 10 pages. I won't stick specifically to the top page. I will look for blogs that don't have 300 comments, but get more than 200 diggs. Each of these diggs read that page. While very few viewers will follow a link in a comment to my blog, the Internet Marketing benefits equal what I normally pay $200 - $400 a month to obtain.

When I pick a blog I will go to www.iwebtool.com and check their page rank at www.selfseo.com and www.iwebtool.com - I always check on two or three different sites because not all PR prediction tools work.

I will never save a blog with a PR less than 5. It is a waste of time. Increasing Page Rank needs about 1000 comments on PR0 blogs but only 5 on a PR8 blog to increase MY blog's PR.

Next, I will look for blogs that are not 'niche' or 'network.' There are some tech blogs where everyone is involved in a PR campaign. I don't get involved with these because I am not wanted. These bloggers will never come and comment on my blog.

The perfect blog is one with a PR5 or higher, and where the web owner will come and leave a comment on my blog. It rarely happens, but when you find one of these, you have a win-win situation.

Warning: Not all PR8 blogs will let you have a PR8 link - even for a few days. Most of them have a landing page, and the blog articles are on a 'node.' This means that your comment is on a sub page. Some blogs have their PR carry through the sites. Others have PR6 on the home page and nothing on the sub pages. So, there is no reason to promote these sites or leave comments on them.

Linking To Blogs

I have left comments on a blog page with the express purpose of increasing my PR. By leaving a comment, I can write a post on my blog that links to the PR6 page. This morning I was blogging on one of my favorite sites about toxic communication.

Use this information to help yourself continue to promote your blog.




----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: