Do You Have a Good Marketing Technique?

Did you have an epiphany? A moment when everything came together? A marketing technique that actually worked? Come and share it with us. We are looking for anything. Please do not just post 'buying traffic' in your comment box.

Not every comment will be approved. Those selected will be at least 50 words. They will offer some good information. They will 'not' be built around the product you are selling. Instead they will be a review or a 'how to' of a marketing technique which is working for you. They will tell the readers how well they worked.

My Submission

Buying Traffic

I knew about buying traffic for years, but never did. It always seems a little suspicious to me. Why buy traffic when Google was sending me visits, and Social Networking was responsible for 85% of my hits? This was all free.

I started buying traffic in 2007. At first I paid $12 for random international traffic. $12 bought 10 000 page views. I bought the traffic because I wanted to build the PR of my websites, and thought that 10 000 visitors would do it.

I quickly found out that all I bought was 10 000 views from the other website, most of these were from pop unders or pop overs that showed my home page. At first I was upset because I only received about 10% clickthroughs.

Then, I transferred the campaign to my blogger and wordpress blogs, and made sure that each blog had a 'good article' in view on the 'landing page.' (mistake learned...do not bring these people to your home page)

I started noticing my PPP campaign results increase. In fact, that $12 investment turned into $19 more dollars. Another campaign earned me $9. But, two on 'small business' were a waste of time.

This wasn't a big increase in income, but if I can make $5-$9 for every campaign, and I run several simultaneously, then the program can generate $500 a month from running 5 campaigns from each of my blogs.

I also found that putting a good article increased the 'click' through rate to 30%. So, I got 2900 page views and visitors for $12. Of those, 339 are repeat visitors and 10% joined my RSS.





----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: