Learn How to Get Published and Sell Books

I have never had a blog where I mix my book publishing and Internet Marketing businesses/information. I thought long and hard about making two blogs at www.communati.com and then decided that was a waste of time. First, because most of you know that I do both. The second reason is because of a comment made in one of my posts "Writers do not know how to promote their books."

How better to gain writer's respect and teach the that, the information in this blog will work for them too. Yes, what works for raising PageRank for blogs will also help writers get published and sell books.

At Enspiren Press, I tell the author's that they can become famous by using the Internet in the same way bloggers do.

Fear of Being Published

The third reason why I decided to start helping writers learn how to promote is because of a post I read from Litekeeper today. I never realized that someone with her level of success would ever have a 'fear of being published.

We all collect rejection letters - They mean nothing. At Enspiren Press we have rejected books that were picked up by another publisher in less than 24 hours. Why would a publisher reject a good story? Simple - it didn't fit the audience demographic and 'wants' that we are targeting. That is why I say that Rejection letters do not matter...because they rarely have anything to do with the quality of the story.

This fear of being published also stops writers from promoting themselves as authors. How did the Hollywood celebs become famous? They were promoted as such. You saw them in the 'right' place. They belonged to the 'right' groups. These people are seen. In many cases, they don't have a movie out yet - they are seen.

Then, when the movie comes out the Public Relations company does a "You know this person" campaign. You can do that. But, do you want to get published first so you 'feel' more legit? That is easy write a 20 page book and have it published at Today Books and/or at www.lulu.com - now you are published.

The first goal of author publishing is to make you famous. The second is to sell books.

Here is a list of the books I have published on this page - Suzanne Jame's Page

There is a short book on getting published. It basically focuses on writing a book so publishers can handle, and some basics. This is like an introduction/basic 101 version of my famous course How to Write and Edit a Novel.

Anne Whitfield is the marketing agent for Enspiren Press, and she trains the authors how to get promotion - but I'll do my best to teach you.

Here is a book I published at TodayBooks as a promotion tool.





Here is a book I published at lulu.com as a promotion tool.






Amazon Can Help You Sell Books - Even if you are Not Listed There by your Publisher - Here is How

Behind The Editor's Desk





----------------
Visit More Learning Sites:
inspiredauthor
Get Your Book Published
Get Paid To Write
How I Built a Career

No comments: