Promoting Your Writing business

One of the biggest problems with writers is that they don't realize they are in busineses. They struggle to make money, but never take the time to act like they are in business. They struggle to promote without realizing that they are costing themselves money.

I would say that my mentor was a woman I met at a trade show. She had a professional booth. The had a professional trade show booth. Her banner stands offered her potential clients solutions to their problems.

Her banner stands were flexible. She moved them around each day to change the booth. I spent quite a while chatting with her. This woman turned a freelance writing career into a full time, six figure company. I asked her why she was successful. Her reply was simple, "I go looking for success. It don't go looking for me."

No comments: