Frustration With Printers

I am really becoming frustrated with printers. When I started in the business, I bought a printer and a photocopier that lasted me years. Now, it is almost impossible to find a printer that will last more than a few months. Even if I buy a good printer, the cartridges are so small. I use to buy toner cartridges that would print 5000 pages. Now, I am suppose to be happy with 100 pages.

I've started to by my HP inkjet cartridges, over the net. They cost a little less, but there is shipping. I tried using a service to refill the ink jet cartridges but I find that the difference in ink makes it impossible to guarantee quality, which is vital as most of my work is contracts that must be faxed. This can make it difficult to find a good solution.

My husband now considers printers 'disposable.' We don't even invest in good ones anymore. As long as we can get a clean picture and a printer that doesn't have a lot of problems, I am happy.

It isn't really the printers that cause the problems, it is getting ink cartridges to fit the printer without paying .05 a copy for my contract pages.

No comments: